Monday, August 16, 2010

Lamp For Big Green Egg Cart

Chief Swan. Life or death confrontation. August


Adelanto del capítulo 9 de Cariño, te he comprado un anillo: Ultimátum/Última oportunidad.

Charlie Swan carraspeó sonoramente a mi espalda. Cerré los ojos brevemente, preparándome para lo inevitable. Me di la vuelta con movimientos reticentes, saboreando my last moments of existence in this world. Because the Chief Swan was going to kill me. That was all secure. As discovered what had happened to his daughter, Chief Swan was going to kill me.

My Executioner I received with the same expression grim as ever. Not the slightest hint of sympathy was reflected in his harsh features. I outlined a little nervous smile in greeting, smile that erased immediately. Charlie Swan looked like a real sheriff, taken directly from the deadliest westerns. In his presence, any face Smiley was out of place. A desperate and futile attempt to plead clemency nonexistent.

My fate was sealed.

"Good night, Chief Swan.

My greeting was merely a demonstration of my weakness. A few words spoken in a whisper.

From the lips of Charlie Swan, a groan escaped indescribable.

"Hey, kid - he spoke, his voice raspy sheriff about sentencing the victim.

uncomfortable silence descended upon us. Chief Swan frowned, perhaps pondering his next words. Or perhaps refine the way he had chosen to end my life.

-Mmm - I started in a pathetic attempt to fill the silence with words - how he has been traveling from Forks? Charlie Swan

observed me up and down before giving a response.

-Largo.

I nodded, feeling like every muscle in my body contracted. I did not know exactly what to do with my hands, so I chose to hide them, burying them in the pockets of my pants. My movements were awkward coloring and a sample of the panic that had gripped me since my father had announced the fateful presence of Charlie Swan.

- And life at the station?

"As always.

My head turned to move up and down on a new agreement. He admired Charlie synthesis capacity Swan.

I opened my mouth to ask a new question banal, but the Chief Swan raised hand stopped me. Took a deep breath and began to drop as many consecutive words he had heard to pronounce in the same sentence since that distant day two years ago, when Bella decided to introduce me. A Elya his gun.

"Look, kid - started, giving me a look difficult to decipher - I called asshole for having appeared together another, but seeing that my daughter is doing the same with Jake ...

Chief Swan's lips were silent for a few tenths of a second. Dramatic pause inmate awaiting sentencing. He shook his head from side to side, before rendering its final decision.

I do not want or ask what is the game.

resisted the urge to release all the air that stood in my chest with a sigh of relief. Smartass wanted to thank me for not prematurely. Although Charlie Swan's words seemed to materialize a pardon, I decided be cautious and wait for a signal to confirm my suspicions.

- Dad!

Bella's voice, soft but tinged with a slight note of concern, reached my ears, just seconds before his own Bella appeared before my eyes. We looked from one to the other, frowning to see our expressions. Charlie, impassive. I ... well, I about to start running and get away from there as you will find the slightest opportunity.


NOTE: I confess I've had a great time recounting the suffering of Edward. I'm cruel, I know XD.


0 comments:

Post a Comment